Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bluesfest: Lebreton Condos and Pooley's Bridge

I'm at Bluesfest all week, which is why I haven't been posting much.

I had noticed earlier that there were some Jersey barriers and chain link fence blocking off access to Pooley's Bridge. This bridge was a part of the pathway through Lebreton Flats until the path was realigned along the Ottawa River, but it remains a useful connecdtion. In the photo below, we can see that the bridge, and the pathway below it, are both closed off.


While running an errand during Bluesfest, I saw hundreds of people climbing over the fence to get to Bluesfest. This is obviously a problem, and I've been spending what little spare time I have during Bluesfest to track down the appropriate person to clear the way. It's only a matter of time that someone falls while climbing over it.


Further along, this view on the pathway heading out there was just too good to pass up. Note the green field, the blue sky, the building, and the clouds nicely lined up in the background.

The shipping containers at the bottom store kayaking equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment