Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Peds on Weds: Sidewalk Heave-Ho

One day in late June, I was biking up Elgin Street and saw this piece of sidewalk trying to jump out of the ground near the bus stop at Confederation Park. I phoned it in to 3-1-1.

I wasn't by there again for another three weeks or so but when I did in mid-July it had just been repaired, with a soldier row of pylons surrounding it to keep people off of it while the concrete sets.

Sidewalk repairs aren't as easy to execute as, say, potholes, because you can't just pour new concrete into a cavity in the way you can slap some an asphalt patch into a pothole. I'll go into more detail about the process in a future Wednesday blog post.

[Tune in on Wednesdays at noon for a new pedestrian-themed blog post. View the Pedestrians label for previous Peds on Weds posts]

No comments:

Post a Comment